Thursday, May 22, 2008

Goodbye Michigan...

I'm ready for another move again...this time from the Midwest to the West.As I look back at the 2 years of my life in Michigan, I'm really happy about how much I have learnt from living here.
The Midwestern values is something that I have come to know about and appreciate by interacting with some wonderful people here.I made some good friends and worked with some really fun people.
Living in a place with close to six months of Winter was definitely not an easy thing for someone like me who always enjoys sunshine.The first snow or even the first few months of winter I should say, was enjoyable and by the time it's February, you tend to get into the Winter Depression Syndrome.And how can I forget my nerve recking experience of my car spinning out to 360 degrees while driving on those icy roads and me hoping that I will be alright.
But the good side of having such a bad Winter is you learn to appreciate Spring and Summer. I had no idea about the 4 seasons When I lived in Florida before moving to Michigan. It definitely is beautiful to see those spring flowers and Fall colors. And bcos Michigan is kind of in the center of the Midwest, we were able to drive to Chicago & Pittsburgh several times which were always great trips.
Well,writing about all these good experiences makes me think that Michigan was definitely an interesting place to live when compared to Florida.May be I'm going to miss this winter someday when I live in that scorching heat of Las Vegas.U never know!!!

No comments: