Thursday, June 12, 2008

Devotionally Delighted....

Many in this world question the existence of god. Today I sympathize with all those people who are so very unfortunate to not be able to enjoy this real bliss. I was born in Chidambaram, the temple town of Lord Nataraja, visited the temple a number of times in these 27 years of my life and have continued to be a devout person but have never ever felt this way before...Yes I got a feeling of peeping right into heaven when I listened to Thiruvasagam in symphonic oratorio by Illayaraja. I’ve been hearing this for about two years now and till today have never got tired of listening to it. This is one such composition which needs to be heard a couple of times before you like it. And trust me if you like Tamil, then this is just a treat to your ears. Hat’s off to the legendary Illayaraja who has given true life to manikavasagar’s composition with his excellent pronunciation. One could feel the extent of his bhakthi in the way he has sung it. We all go to god with all our requests for different worldly pleasures but this song makes you realize that real happiness is achieving deliverance and reaching the feet of god. This song did invoke the spiritual mood in me today. If u listen to this with true devotion you’ll understand what I meant…… Thanks to my friends KD & DB from CA who introduced me to this.

1 comment:

Kalpana said...

I should say 'ditto' to all that you have said. Although my grasp of Tamil is not that deep, as you said, just the bhakthi alone in Thiruvasagam is overwhelming...