Friday, April 11, 2008

Better Late than Never...

It's been a year since I created this blog but never got to it till now.I can go on to give lots of excuses but I do believe that its better late than never....
Sooo Here I go...hopefully I can continue to write more...

Most women feel complete when they attain motherhood…….but sometimes it makes me wonder whether just giving birth to a child makes a woman attain motherhood? May be not in all cases! To me motherhood is being able to love all children without any reservations and being able to appreciate what one’s own mom would have gone through. One would think that a woman after going through her pregnancy and childbirth would be able to realize how much her mother would have gone through to bring her into this world. Sadly, for some self centered women the very idea of a mother is someone who would serve them for their entire lifetime. What is really sad is when the nurturing is taken for granted and not reciprocated with love. Even on normal circumstances when a mom is just visiting her daughter, how many girls actually tell their mom “Maa…you have done a lot for me and it is time for you to sit back and relax while I make a nice meal for you”. Which mother would not be happy to hear that? No one is bound to do anything for anyone, more importantly being a mother does not mean a lifetime agreement of serving her children…each individual is responsible for his/her life…..but what makes any relationship meaningful is the ability to appreciate and reciprocate.

No comments: